“Learn The Key Points of The Best Non-Fiction Books of All-Time–In Five Minutes or Less”
I believe, to live a good life, you need to commit to lifelong learning. And part of that includes reading more. Doing so helps you understand why you do what you do, make better, rational choices in life and work, and develop life’s most important skill—gratitude.
This page is a distillation of everything I’ve learned from the best non-fiction books of all time. From business to leadership, philosophy to psychology, self-help to writing, you’ll find more than 100 good books summaries, organized by category.
Ready to jump in? Choose your favorite category under the Best Book Summaries section to get some great book summaries without feeling overwhelmed by all the options. Or, if you prefer, you can browse my book summaries by title.
I’m constantly updating this page so feel free to bookmark it and return to it later.
I. Best Book Summaries
These are my book summaries, listed by category.
1. Business Book Summaries. These books offer compelling stories, intriguing insights, and fascinating takeaways from some of the biggest and brightest minds in business and beyond.
2. Biography and Memoir Book Summaries. Some of the best books available are biographies and memoirs of great people. By reading these books, you, too, learn how to become great.
3. Health and Fitness Book Summaries. It’s easy to worry about health and fitness, isn’t it? These books suggest ideas for getting in shape and eating healthily—in a kind, effective way.
4. Leadership Book Summaries. What makes a great leader? These books—from Coach K to John Wooden—will inspire and empower you to strengthen and motivate your team.
5. Philosophy Book Summaries. It’s easy to regard philosophy as esoteric and academic. These books cut through the haze of misunderstanding and make you more aware of what you value and why.
6. Psychology Book Summaries. Why do we do what we do? These thought-provoking books offer a hands-on approach to exploring the human mind and mastering the art of change.
7. Self-Help Book Summaries. It’s easy to get caught up in the daily dramas of life. These timeless classics will help you improve all areas of your life, from increasing your confidence to realizing your ambitions.
8. Writing Book Summaries. Put your desk in the corner, the adverb is not your friend … These authors have published bestsellers, and in these books, share what they’ve learned about the craft.
II. Best Books by Year
These are the best books I’ve read, organized by year.
III. My Annual Reading Lists
To ensure I stay on target with my reading goals, I keep a public reading list sharing every book I’ve read. These are my annual reading lists, organized by year.
IV. How to Read More
People who know more have a tremendous advantage over people who don’t. And though it takes years to acquire the knowledge you need to become successful, the truth is tiny habits—like reading for half an hour a day—make it surprisingly easy to increase your knowledge.
I am a voracious reader and use a simple process to read, on average, one book a week. If you’re interested in reading more books, you may find it useful. I explain my whole approach in this article: How to Read a Book a Week (It’s a Lot Easier Than You Think).
Don’t have time to read? If you begin a 30-day free trial with Audible, you can download two free audio books of your choice. They have over 180,000 books to choose from and the books are yours to keep, even if you cancel. Ready to get started? Click here to learn more.
V. Want More Good Book Summaries?
Sign up for my free weekly newsletter and get a full month’s worth of book summaries delivered straight to your inbox. Just enter your email address and click “Get Updates!”
My Best Email Address Is…
What Others Are Saying…
I love writing book summaries. They help me internalize the key points and lessons, and most important: remind me to apply what I’ve learned. What I love most, though, is hearing from readers who are profiting from them, too. Here’s what some readers are saying on the Twitterverse…
@SamThomasDavies Hey, Roch from Nigeria here. You’re doing a great job with your reviews. Read a few.
— Black Einstein (@UncleRoch) December 29, 2016
— Mike Piccolo (@mfpiccolo) October 4, 2016
Like what they’re saying? Get free book summaries delivered straight to your inbox by signing up above.