“Life by Design, Not by Default.”
Hi, I’m Sam Thomas Davies. I write about research-based ways to improve habits, add new skills and sustain excellence. And if you’ve ever asked yourself…
- “How can I make the highest possible contribution towards the things that really matter—without spreading myself too thin or getting hijacked by someone else’s agenda?”
- “How can I find my focus and get the right things done?”
- “How can I break bad habits and form good ones that actually stick?”
Or, if you’ve ever wondered how you can overcome feelings of anxiety and overwhelm—with clear and specific methods and advice…
…you’re in the right place.
To get started, join my weekly newsletter (it’s free) and get the best of my research on health, happiness, productivity, and more, delivered straight to your inbox every Monday.
My Best Email Address Is…
Thanks for being so personally involved with those of us following your work. It has been helpful in many ways and seeing how young you are, it makes me happy and proud of you for getting where you are and look forward to seeing your growth as you share it with us.
Who This Website Is For
If you’re like most of my readers, you’re an ambitious, goal-orientated individual.
You have a desire to direct your life, an urge to get better at what you do and a yearning to be part of something larger than yourself.
But something’s in the way…
- Maybe you’re overwhelmed with information but starved for knowledge…
- Maybe you know what to do but don’t do what you know because you’re afraid of change…
- Maybe, like one reader, you “start out with good intentions” but still struggle to change a negative behavior, despite years of trying…
If that’s you, you’re not alone—I’ve been there, too.
For years, I struggled to design my life around the things that mattered most to me.
Like most Millennials, I did everything I was supposed to do—I graduated from university, I worked for a Times Top 100 Company, I invested in property—but I still wasn’t happy.
I knew what I wanted to achieve—like most high-performing individuals, I had big goals—but I didn’t know how to get myself unstuck.
(Maybe you can relate.)
And while I made some changes in my life (I walked away from my comfortable corporate job to pursue greener pastures in Stockholm, Sweden), many failed to ‘stick’.
Because I didn’t have the right approach.
As a writer and researcher on behavior change, I’ve learned that changing a behavior is more than a matter of strategy. Rather, it’s a matter of sequencing.
The right strategy at the wrong time? You’re wasting your energy.
But get the sequencing right…
…and you will yield truly extraordinary results.
Once I figured that out, I was able to get from where I was to where I wanted to be—and help others along the way.
But enough about me:
Let’s talk about how this website can help you.
What This Website is About
My goal is simple:
I want to leave you better than I found you.
To do that…
- I carefully curate concise, actionable book summaries of the best non-fiction books of all-time so you can easily learn the five big ideas in five minutes or less. (Learn more…)
- I combine cutting-edge insights from business, psychology and “science-help” with practical findings and write fun, easy-to-understand articles that will help you go further, faster, with less effort. (Learn more…)
- I create thorough, rigorously-researched resources to help you get clear, get inspired, and get started on the path toward achieving your most important goals. (Learn more…)
What I’ll say is this…
Whatever motivated you to read my blog, I don’t believe it was an accident. There’s a reason you’re reading this today.
I promise my weekly newsletter will give you the clarity and confidence you need to make meaningful progress, regardless of where you are now.
And while I still don’t have all the answers, I am beginning to ask the right questions.
So, if you’re ready to lead a life of significance, joy, and satisfaction, enter your email address below and click, “Get Updates!”. You’ll get immediate access to my new book, Unhooked: How to Break Bad Habits and Form Good Ones That Stick plus other resources I don’t share on the blog.
My Best Email Address Is…
I also do not write to authors very often. However, after reading this week’s posting felt compelled to share with you how valuable I (and others here) find your writings. Many of us have also read your eBook and are grateful for the insights you’ve shared.
About Sam Thomas Davies
As a writer, I’ve been fortunate enough to be featured and quoted in Buffer, Fast Company, Thought Catalog, Convert, KISSMetrics, among other major media outlets.
When I’m not writing, I love working one-on-one with clients. My services range from consulting and writing copy for high-achieving entrepreneurs and business owners to helping readers turn practical advice into practiced habits with my online training programs. To learn more about my coaching and consulting services, go to my Contact page.
This website is a constant work-in-progress—I work on it every day. Seriously. Whether it’s writing an article or optimizing a page for SEO or creating a free resource, everything I do is to ensure you have an enjoyable experience on my site. To learn more about what I’m working on now, read my Now page.
Thanks for reading. It’s great to have you here.